Saturday, May 30, 2009

This week

I haven't blogged all week! Why is it that the shortest weeks always feel like the longest??
Saturday we went to Trey and Hollie's wedding. Sunday, we went to my mom's church and then house and we cleaned some stuff up and cooked out. It was fun.

Monday was Memorial Day and we went with Melissa and the boys to a Texas Rangers game. Steve and Cheryl drove down too and went shopping. We had a great time. They played the Yankees and the place was packed. Our seats were "all you can eat" seats. So, we got to eat whatever we wanted. Hadley ate 2 hot dogs, nachos, a chicken sandwich, some cotton candy and some popcorn. I didn't think he could eat that much! Our seats were in the shade and it was awesome.




The rest of the week was long. And I am certainly glad it is the weekend.

Tim is building a dog house. Hadley is watching Bolt. And I was doing laundry until I sat down to write my blog.

And now I have to tell you about Hadley's SpiderMan sandals. Most of you may know that me and Tim are not fans of shoes or clothing that have Spider man, Elmo, anyone else on it. I don't think we've ever let Hadley have a pair of shoes that had Elmo on them or Spiderman or lights. Not that it's bad. Lot's of kids have those shoes, we've just never really been a fan.

So, last night, we went to eat with my mom and sister and we went shopping after that. My sister found Hadley a pair of Spiderman velcro sandals. I wish ya'll could've seen the look on Hadley's face. When I first saw them I was like..uh no. And then he came and asked me if he could have them and the poor child looked like he had been deprived all of his life. So, we got them. We were at Penneys. My sister changed out his shoes so he could wear them. We decided we were going to walk from Penney's to Kohls. In Midwest City. We had to walk about .1 miles per hour. He was stopping and looking at his shoes and just beaming. And then he would walk a little bit more and stop and look at his shoes and then smile some more. I felt like I had deprived him of never having Spiderman shoes. There are just no words to describe how he looked. It was just so funny. So, last night we got home, got ready for bed, Tim took his shoes off and put them on his nightstand and said...when you wake up in the morning, they will be right there so you can see them. Well, then we ended up letting him make a pallet in our room. The minute he woke up this morning, he asked about his shoes. He ran in his room and found them and put them right on. It was just so funny watching him and how happy he was.

Anyway. I hope you all have a great weekend! I don't think we have anything planned this weekend! Hopefully, we can get caught up on some stuff and get some rest and relaxation!!! Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment