Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Playing Catch

Is everybody watching American Idol?? I hope Kris wins!

Anyway, I think it might possibly have been 20 years, since I played catch. Wait, I did play with my mom some when I was a teenager. Tonight we went and bought a glove for me and a ball and played catch with Hadley. Then he got tired and me and Tim played for a long time. It was really fun. And relaxing. We just came in and now we are watching American Idol.

Ok. And now for my sad story of the day. I came home with a horrible headache and didn't want to cook so we went to Taco Bueno. We sat down and this little black girl was sitting in the booth behind us and she started talking to me and Hadley while Tim was getting our food. She was talking about how she knew her colors and wanted us to guess how old she was. She was adorable. So, then Tim asked her if her mom worked there and she said yes. And then she started telling us that her mom was mean to her. She would spank her for no reason even when she didn't do anything. But her grandma was nice. It was so sad. So, at one point she went up to the counter and her mom yelled at her from behind the counter and told her to go back and sit down. And was yelling at her from behind the counter. Then her mom took her in the back. I just thought it was terrible number one that her mom didn't have anywhere to take her to while she worked. Number two that her mom was mean to her. I just thought the whole thing was terrible. I know some people don't have a choice. I just thought it so sad. I don't know. I don't think it was a coincidence that she was there, I wish I could've taken her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment